Here to help!

• 12 February 2024
  • 62 replies

Show first post

62 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Cozywalmart @Jenica Parcell 

You can check widespread outages with Manychat here: https://status.manychat.com/

In these scenarios, and if you’ve done the proper troubleshooting to make sure everything is set correctly, then you need to go to support. They have access to your account and will be able to help you.

I’m an Educator and also help several clients of mine in different ways, but I’m not a Manychat employee so I do not have insider information nor can I get backend access to accounts - which I’m sure Manychat staff can do!

So in short, for these apparently random issues, your best shot is Manychat’s support.

If you need help with setup, troubleshooting or building stuff I can help you. Feel free to DM me and we can discuss the details ;)

Hope this helps!

@Gustavo Boregio Thank you! How do I reach Manychat support?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

support@manychat.com or support.manychat.com

👋 Hello ManyChat Community!

I'm Gustavo Boregio, and here's a snapshot of my journey with ManyChat:

• 🚀 Since 2017: A dedicated enthusiast and innovator in the world of ManyChat.
  • 🤖 Bot Expert: Crafted hundreds of bots with a flair for complex APIs and integrations.
  • 🎓 Educator: Educated over 2500 students, sharing my passion and knowledge.
  • 🌟 Original ManyChat Educator: One of the first to be certified when the program launched.
  • 🏆 Certified Agency Pioneer: Among the elite first 13 agencies recognized by ManyChat.
  • 🎤 Conferences & Case Studies: Presented at Conversations Conferences with several published case studies.
  • 💡 Here to Help: Eager to share insights, solve challenges, and learn together.

Let's dive into the world of advanced ManyChat automations and grow as a community! 🌱

You can find me at:

Talk soon!

Hey Gustavo, Could you help me find somebody Interested in Manychats I'm from Canada.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@alampole I’d suggest starting with current clients you may have (for other services) who could also benefit from Manychat, or picking a niche that you have experience in and know something about to start pitching to these clients.

If you’re starting from absolute zero, check the blog for some inspiration: https://manychat.com/blog/

Find a niche you like, find a solution you could offer them that they’ll actually care about, and start prospecting.

Best of luck!!

On it 🫶🏾

Hi @Gustavo Boregio 

I'm new to this and currently in the process of getting my first potential client and am seeking advice on integrating ManyChat with a client's existing WhatsApp number, used for both voice calls and messaging. We know that it is best practice to integrate manychat with a new number. However, Our client wishes to maintain their current number for customer connectivity while adopting ManyChat's automation features.

Key questions:

• Given the requirement to delete the number from the WhatsApp Business app for ManyChat integration, which results in the loss of contacts and conversations without a direct data transfer option to ManyChat, are there any recommended best practices or strategies to navigate this issue effectively?
  • Is there a way to maintain the current number's functionality for receiving calls while also benefiting from ManyChat's automation features on WhatsApp? If so, could you provide guidance on how we might achieve this?
  • In case achieving both functionalities concurrently is not feasible, could you suggest an alternative approach that would allow for the integration of automation without compromising the ability to receive calls through the existing number?

Thank you for your time,
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @mkpixel the short answer is you can’t have both.

Whatsapp has 3 versions:

• Personal
  • Business
  • API

A given number can be on only one of these versions at a given time, and to be connected with Manychat they need the API - and therefore disconnect from the other 2.

There are other platforms out there that give some automation on Personal and Business numbers. These are NOT official Meta partners, and they have ‘hacked’ integrations. Meaning that they can stop working anytime and put your client’s business in risk. I know they exist, but I do not use them and strongly recommend against them.

My suggestion to clients is to ‘Add a new number’ with the automated experience, this new number is the first line of defense and catches 80% of the questions 24x7. The 2nd number (the one they currently have) stays active for human support, getting calls, etc.

Hey @Gustavo Boregio

Thanks for shedding light on this; it's much clearer now. Given that a number can be linked to only one of the three WhatsApp versions, I'm curious about the phone call functionality. If we acquire a new number from a local network provider and integrate it with the WhatsApp API, will it still be possible to receive calls on this new number?

Additionally, it seems sensible to consider forwarding calls from the new number to our existing one, ensuring we don't miss any customer calls. Do you think this is feasible, and if so, could it be a viable solution?

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

It won’t be able to receive WhatsApp calls.

It’ll be able to receive normal cellular phone calls, so you may want to forward the number to another phone.

Hello, I used ManyChat for an account once to automate comments replies with a free trial. Then I forgot about the feature. Today I got billed $95. Is there a chance I can get the money back, because I really haven’t been using the website anymore. If you can, please check my history of usage. Please help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Ismail talk to customer support (support@manychat.com or support.manychat.com)

I’m not a Manychat employee and I don’t have access to any accounts other than my accounts ;)

Hey there! I'm having trouble with my Facebook channel. I can't seem to send messages to ManyChat, and most of the inquiries are showing up as unknown contacts. I've tried refreshing the permissions, but it's not working. Oddly enough, my Instagram channel is running smoothly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Kielfigueroa you’ll need to talk to support to get help on this one.

Hello again, Gustavo. How are you?

I have a company, so I have two WhatsApp numbers (one personal and one business). On the business number I speak directly to customers, which is why I need direct access to the WhatsApp Business app. However, I saw that when linking my WhatsApp Business number, I will lose access directly to the WhatsApp app, and I will only be able to access directly from the ManyChat platform.

But that's not interesting to me, considering that I have several contacts and conversations saved on business WhatsApp, and even though I keep in touch with my clients there.

The idea of ​​using ManyChat would be to start a flow of messages so that at a certain point the lead passes it on to me for me to follow up personally. It would basically work as a pre-sales operator.

Is there any possibility for me to continue using the WhatsApp Business app and not lose my conversation history, while my company can count on the pre-sales service I want that will be made available through the ManyChat message flow?

I believe that for this to happen, I need to acquire another new number to use in the commercial. However, is there a way to integrate two commercial numbers? This way I believe that my communication with clients will have less noise.

If you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @mkpixel the short answer is you can’t have both.

Whatsapp has 3 versions:

• Personal
  • Business
  • API

A given number can be on only one of these versions at a given time, and to be connected with Manychat they need the API - and therefore disconnect from the other 2.

There are other platforms out there that give some automation on Personal and Business numbers. These are NOT official Meta partners, and they have ‘hacked’ integrations. Meaning that they can stop working anytime and put your client’s business in risk. I know they exist, but I do not use them and strongly recommend against them.

My suggestion to clients is to ‘Add a new number’ with the automated experience, this new number is the first line of defense and catches 80% of the questions 24x7. The 2nd number (the one they currently have) stays active for human support, getting calls, etc.

Hey @Guilherme check this from before 👆

My suggestion: 

1. add a new WhatsApp number to your business, and connect that number to Manychat.
  2. Make this new number the first line of defense - any new conversations go first to this number
  3. Direct people to personal numbers from the bot whenever they need human help. You can configure your flow so that, when you see that questions are not getting solved, or that this is a high-value customer that you wanna take care of personally, you send them to the number.
  4. If you want, you can set triggers to your personal Whatsapp whenever someone needs help - so you can proactively contact them from your personal number if you want.
  5. As for your existing contacts, introduce them to the new number - highlight the benefits of the automated version (getting answers faster), and keep the personal touch.

DM me if you need help setting all this up or sorting out the best strategy, happy to assist.

E podemos falar em Português também ;)

@Gustavo Boregio 

Cara, você está salvando demais a minha vida. Obrigado demais por isso.

Adorei o “E podemos falar em Português também ;)” 😂

Vou fazer isso que você falou e qualquer coisa te mantenho atualizado. 

Obrigado mais uma vez!!

@Gustavo Boregio 

Por gentileza, você saberia me dizer com mais exatidão como se faz essa adição de um novo número para ser utilizado como “primeiro contato” da minha empresa (onde ficará alocado o bot do manychat)? Não estou achando nas configurações do app do WhatsApp Bussiness a opção “add number”.

A minha ideia seria comprar um chip pré-pago novo e utilizar esse número somente para isso, e continuar utilizando o meu número antigo da minha empresa ao mesmo tempo também no WhatsApp Bussiness como contato secundário.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

tenta isto aqui: https://es-la.facebook.com/business/help/228271686945544#:~:text=En%20el%20feed%2C%20haz%20clic,clic%20en%20Conectar%20otro%20número.

Se não der, épossível que você tenha que retirar o número anterior e colocar o novo…

Olá, @Gustavo Boregio 

Gostaria de te perguntar se tem alguma limitação de opções para questões de múltipla escolha no quiz do manychat e relatar que no nosso caso existe um limite de 3 opções e que precisamos de 5. Como poderíamos resolver isso? (Lembrando que a conversa será realizada pelo WhatsApp).

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Pode usar um Menu por exemplo.

Ou colocar 2 blocos de mensagens (eu não gosto desta opção, mas também funciona)

Ou colocar um User Input e deixar a pessoa escrever a resposta.

Hi @Gustavo Boregio 

I have this issue where emojis are not triggering the automation.
I have an automation for Instagram comments that should trigger when users post certain emojis (😍 🙌 🥰 💯 ❤️) in the comment of the post, however, it’s not triggering. Any help would be appreciated. 

Perfeito, @Gustavo Boregio

Consegui fazer os menus da maneira que você explicou no último tópico. Muito obrigado!

Eu tenho uma dúvida que pode parecer um tanto quanto simplória demais. Mas eu já fiz todos os fluxos de mensagens para WhatsApp mas não sei como ativá-las para fazê-las funcionar de fato no WhatsApp, ou seja, publicar os novos fluxos. Como faço isso? Você poderia me ajudar novamente, por favor?

Grato desde já!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Guilherme você precisa configurar o disparador (palavra chave, resposta default, etc).

Se precisar de ajuda, da uma olhada na chamada de Troubleshooting aqui: https://gusboregio.com ;)