Skip to main content
Solved

5% of people are getting an unexpected message after they click a download link

• 28 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there! I'm currently running an automation that sends people a download link after they interact with my Instagram Ad.

It's working great for 95% of people, which get to the last message with the download link and when clicked, are redirected to an external website.

But, 5% of people are not being redirected, instead they are getting an automatic message saying "Get updates" or it's translated version depending on the UI language option (attached a french example) which is not even present in any of our steps. I don't know why or where this is coming from. Have you ever had an issue like this?

The same thing is happening to me.

I opened a ticket with the support team, and it turns out it's a bug with Meta that happens on desktop users, as related here: https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/250833987551304/  

However, according to Meta's last response, it is considered by-design behavior, and it's not clear whether they plan on changing it in the near future:

66-jW_4KcQmaGK4cjhLRsa7VYM6NRyRU-g.png

As a workaround, I added a URL to the message instead, and it's displayed as a clickable link. The problem though as other kinds of buttons also won't work on desktop, not just download buttons.

Hope it helps!