Skip to main content

Hello everyone, how's it going? I’m facing some issues with my Manychat flow. I’m using make.com to generate responses with Artificial Intelligence. The responses are being generated normally and are sent to Manychat via make.com's API block “Set a Custom Field”.

The problem is the following: the response reaches Manychat in about 5-10 seconds through this CUF, but after arriving, the message is not immediately sent to the user. Actually, the timing is variable. Sometimes, as soon as the CUF is updated, the response is sent right away, but other times it takes over 2 minutes for the response (WHICH HAS ALREADY REACHED MANYCHAT) to actually be sent to the user.

I’m using Instagram.

(ps: theres no smart delay or anything)

Hey @Vítor Afonso how are you triggering the response after the User field is set? Are you using a rule, a loop…?

You can probably take more control of this by using the sendFlow endpoint to send the specific flow as soon as the custom field is updated.

If you need help looking into this, check out my site, I have troubleshooting calls available. I've done these integrations several times and I'm sure we can sort out the issue you're having quite quickly.

Yeah, i think i can do it. Right now im using a loop:

ser CUF to “empty” > GPT generation > condition if CUF is empty (then smart delay), else (send message).

So is there a problem using this system?

@Vítor Afonso the loop should work fine, however Manychat does extend the timing of the loop when you start looping too much (I experienced that integrating Assistants API). It starts adding 1 minute to the delays after 6 or 7 delays in short succession. I’m guessing that this is a safeguard to avoid looping logic from consuming all their server resources...

You can increase the delay - and therefore loop less times. This should make the whole thing work better.

Or switch your logic, use the sendFlow option, and have make.com trigger the message to the user instead of the loop.

Perfect! Thank you so much!

I use AI to answer my clients, we use https://www.dai.tec.br/ 

It is an automated AI to answer users and we integrate with manychat, for more send me a message or email we can do it for your company

andrews@creath.com.br