Skip to main content

I’m concerned if thousands of users trigger my automation on a reel on Instagram and comment “live” which triggers my comment reply and dm with a link, it will get rate limited. Can someone at ManyChat confirm that I will not get rate limited if thousands of people comment “live”? 

As long as you only do DMs and not public replies you should be fine.

I currently have the Premium offering. It says I can have 500 contacts. Does that mean the comment reply + DM link will stop working after 500 new users comment “live” on my video? 

If you’re on PRO your billing automatically will go up once you pass your current threshold. Automations will not stop working.

I’m concerned if thousands of users trigger my automation on a reel on Instagram and comment “live” which triggers my comment reply and dm with a link, it will get rate limited. Can someone at ManyChat confirm that I will not get rate limited if thousands of people comment “live”? 

I've run into similar issues with high-volume automations before. From what I understand, ManyChat does have some safeguards in place, but you're right to double-check about rate limiting. Have you tried reaching out to their support team directly? They might be able to give you a more definitive answer about handling that kind of volume.