Skip to main content

Brand new to Manychat and set up 2 automated trigger flows in IG.

Setup want find and I found the flow to be incredibly easy to set up.

HOWEVER, neither of them are working when I use IG to put in the trigger word into a comment.

I have spent at least an hour looking for the solution and no luck.

They are both active and live.  But not working.

Is there something obvious I am missing that someone here can point out to me?

Thanks,

Gina (feeling like a dunce rn)

you have to make sure your settings on facebook page are setting manychat as ‘receiver’ of your messages.. 

I have helped someone in the past that was having this problem.. 

My problem is with Instagram

I know.. there are some settings you need to do on your facebook profile and page.. in order to give manychat full access to your istagram messages

I have some spare time if you want to jump into a zoom call

i do not have a professional facebook page at all

Só, what you need is/

facebook business page and your instagram account connected to this page 

what if I only have a personal fb page.  does many chat REQUIRE that I have a fb business page?

Yes. Create one. Even if you don’t want to use it

Ok, i have done this and now I am on the manychat connect page and it can’t find the page i just created

Would you join me on a Google meet? I believe it’s better this way 

sure

I’ve sent the link

@Digitalmateus can you help me out as well? I had an automation flow setup using Manychat that randomly stopped working after 2 months. I have not hit the 1000 contacts mark yet.

Really appreciate any information you can provide!

i need help on this too.

Here is what I got when I logged a support ticket:

Before you do this tho, try REFRESHING your settings for IG.

…………….

Can you please follow all the troubleshooting steps I will share below and let me know the results? Please also share the links to the Flows that you are testing so I can test them too. 

1. Make sure you have an Instagram Business account. In your Instagram mobile app, please go to Menu → Settings and privacy → Account type and tools  select ‘Switch to professional account’ and follow the instructions. Here's a detailed guide for switching your account type.

2. Make sure that the Instagram account is linked to a Facebook Business Page you have full control of. In your Instagram mobile app, please go to Edit Profile  Public business information → Page → Connect existing Page or Create Facebook Page. Here's a video guide.

3. If your Instagram account is linked to a Facebook page but its connection needs updating, you will see an alert in Meta Business Suite or on your page. Just click on the Get Started button and follow the prompts to review and update your connection.

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MzYxNzA4NDc5OTUsImRvbWFpbiI6Im1hbnljaGF0LmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo4MDYzODd9.mMHcTpWAfc0iZfvTypXrAMOOV6IilMaZbUeL7EmjFNY

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MzYxODUwODU3MTQsImRvbWFpbiI6Im1hbnljaGF0LmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo4MDYzODd9.Eej69MdtAKBgxdXNPyv7CLlcuul3nYJO9IYp4eDKqZM

4. Confirm that Manychat can access messages on Instagram. Please open your Business account, go to Menu → Settings and Privacy   Messages and story replies  Message controls, scroll down to Connected Tools and toggle ON Allow Access to Messages.

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MzYxNzA4NDc4NjQsImRvbWFpbiI6Im1hbnljaGF0LmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo4MDYzODd9.E-e3yqP5ZbDrC0hrJytUZH-HZkjsnZ8yNqXz4WxdzC8

5. In Settings → New Pages Experience → Advanced messaging →  Handover Protocol, assign the Primary Receiver role to Manychat.

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MzYxNzk3MjIxNTgsImRvbWFpbiI6Im1hbnljaGF0LmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo4MDYzODd9.4dq0Q1XOPptDpqhqgcwDcT7NvBnQurrpHbRvjadLvtQ

6. Check Age/Country restrictions on your Facebook page linked to the Instagram account.

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MzYxNzA4NDc2MjAsImRvbWFpbiI6Im1hbnljaGF0LmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo4MDYzODd9.Xr4XgnrAfGpcx38TkU3aW25nIB-Ndjdryr8ywAN8nWQ

7. Refresh Permissions in your Manychat account via the Help button:

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MzYxNzA4NDc4MzQsImRvbWFpbiI6Im1hbnljaGF0LmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo4MDYzODd9.EkiEnMA3ekwxePsMjGZRbMPVOUXoZ8KXrapwe_hj-q0

Please let me know how it goes.