Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I do community management for a large number of people (over 2000). Message automation is therefore a very important part of my process. The problem I'm encountering is as follows:

When using messages with options (as you can see in the screenshot below), the automation sequence is only taken into account if the customer presses one of the buttons. It sometimes happens that some customers respond below the message by writing rather than clicking on one of the options. When this happens, my teams have to manually assign the next tag to “replace” the customer back into the automation chain. Individually, this doesn't take much time, but with a high volume of customers it wastes a lot of time.

Is there a way for ManyChat to take into account the answer if it's written and corresponds to one of the options?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

@Cm13000 you can use quick replies instead of buttons. Quick replies give you the option to ask the person to click one of the buttons if they reply with text instead of taking action.

You can also configure your Default Reply, to say 'Click the buttons above to continue' so the person is instructed to go back and click the appropriate buttons.

The best alternative depends on your setup and what other stuff you have going on ;)

Thank you for your answer. The thing is that i want to have a natural conversation. There is no way to identify the content of the message automatically and to assign a tag or something ?