Question

Automation doesn't work on bulk updating contacts.

• 29 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have created an automation which is supposed to be triggered when a tag is applied to a contact. If i go to certain contacts and apply tags to them manually then the automation doesn’t work. The same is the case with updating a custom field. Bulk updating a custom field isn’t triggering the automation for those contacts.

7 replies

Just to clarify. If i update them one-by-one it works. However on bulk updating them doesn’t trigger the automation. Is that how automations are supposed to work?

Any update on this? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @fablearner check with support, but yes, I’m pretty sure that’s how it’s supposed to work: there are some actions (such as bulk actions) that will not trigger rules.

There are other ways that you can do this that will trigger the rules, such as sending a broadcast to these contacts with only the ‘Action’ to set the tag or CUF.

Hola!! Me está pasando algo parecido. Necesitaba usar como disparador el “Añadir la etiqueta a un contacto” Lo hice de forma masiva y no funcionó, pero probé de uno en uno y tampoco me funcionó. Pueden ayudarme???

Lo que yo necesito hacer es enviar un mensaje a practicamente todos mis contactos de manychat o a una gran parte, (Es una empresa grande asi que tengo aprox 27mil contactos, no puedo etiquetar uno por uno), existe alguna forma de hacerlo?

También intenté suscribirlo a una secuencia de mensajes, pero solo se enviaron 82/27mil. 

Estoy con esto hace horas y ya no se que más probar, please helpp!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

En qué canal @Malena Lampazzi ?

Hola!! En Instagram

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Malena Lampazzi bien, no podes enviar broadcast (o cualquier mensaje) a todos, solo a los que interactuaron en las últimas 24 horas. Por eso se enviaron solamente a 87 personas.