Skip to main content
Solved

Automation randomly triggering

• 26 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

I have a few automations set up with Keyword triggers - very simple email capturing flows. One of them seems to be going off randomly mid-conversation in my DM’s/Story replies. For example I reached out to someone to ask her a question in my DMS and it set off - she didn’t opt in or reach out to me. 

My keywords are short - PSA,  MA & WL.  The automation that is randomly sending is set up exactly like the other 2 and they are not randomly triggering.    

I am wondering if they keywords are to short? Maybe they are being triggered within words.  My IG is @Docwishloff 

6 replies

Userlevel 2

@Docwishloff I've tested your keyword automation.

When you were setting up the keyword you might have click on "message contains the word" option. Don't select that and select "message is" option and you're sorted.

Actually what is happening is, when someone mentioning the word like "PSA" in between the conversation, automation is triggering. Which we don't want that. We want when someone send the only word in message which is "PSA" to trigger the automation. 

Thank you so much!! 

Userlevel 2

Thank you so much!! 

You're most welcome. 🙂

Thank you for this post and suggestions. I’ve just had an automation trigger when someone commented and they message contained none of my trigger words, for any of my automations, so I have no idea why they ended up in an automation. It seems like a mysterious malfunction, none of the words in their message are even remotely close to the trigger words in my manychat account. If anyone has seen this happen before or has any suggestions, I would be grateful to hear. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you for this post and suggestions. I’ve just had an automation trigger when someone commented and they message contained none of my trigger words, for any of my automations, so I have no idea why they ended up in an automation. It seems like a mysterious malfunction, none of the words in their message are even remotely close to the trigger words in my manychat account. If anyone has seen this happen before or has any suggestions, I would be grateful to hear. 

Check if you've any comment trigger having selected any comment option. @BEL 

Check if you've any comment trigger having selected any comment option. @BEL 

Hey! Thanks for replying! I have all my automations set up as comment specific keyword only. Then the keyword is provided, and then the public replies set up to auto respond in the comments to each person, and then the DM to send “Send, as comment reply”. The automation triggered, sent her a public reply and sent her the DM, without any keyword present. Her comment didn’t even have any keyword from any of my automations in it. I’m guessing this is a random malfunction so just keeping an eye on it.