Skip to main content
Solved

BANNED FROM INSTAGRAM COMMENTS

• 13 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have about 1.5 million followers online with 658,000 being directly from Instagram.  I installed Manychat about a week ago and Manychat has responded to about 3,500 comments and sent about 3,500 DMs to followers that have commented on my Instagram posts.  I just got banned from commenting on my or any Instagram posts. 

I’m guessing it may be because of the volume of comments that Manychat responded to or the lack of variety in them as I only had 4 variations set up to respond to comments.  So Manychat is currently not able to reply to the comments on my post but it CAN still send direct messages. 

Should I stop using Manychat or use it less?  I don’t want to get banned from sending DMs either and currently I’m probably sending about 500  per day.  

Can someone please help me and give me best practices here and please give me some guidance on what to do to prevent this from happening again once my commenting has been restored?

Hi Rob! Trilce here :)

So Meta has actually replied on this issue previously, and it is not a Manychat problem at all but a lingering security thing on their side they haven’t deprecated exclusively on the Instagram comments area.

My recommendation is to NOT use the “comment under comment” section as it is what can get the security algorithm to trigger, Private Replies (meaning the private messages you send to all of your commenters) are 100% safe and ok to use. So disable the comment replies and just focus on the private message replies.

Important to note that this is NOT the case with Facebook Comment Automations, since FB does not have this security measure. From what we educators understand this is a legacy Instagram security system that triggers whenever it wants to, which made sure people wouldnt use bots to acquire followers ilegally when that became a famous service you could purchase online from hackers. 

Hi, it just happened to me. My 314K account just got blocked from commenting under my own posts. My followers cannot comment anymore either. Can you advise what I should do now ? 

And what is the end of the story, how did you manage to turn commenting back on?