Skip to main content

Hi community

I am new here. I am looking for a way to implement a shared inbox, where all incoming chats are handled by a bot, until at some point the bot decides to pass the chat to a human operator to continue the conversation. 
The human takes control of the chat, until it ends it, and then the bot takes over again (if the user restart the conversation).

This is the flow:
1. customer talks with bot
2. bot tags the chat at the end
3. chat is assigned to group based on tag
4. at some point human will come and reply to the customer  in chat using many chat ui
5. Bot should not respond now since human is talking
6. Human will at some point solve the issue of customer and untag the chat
7. Now bot becomes active again and will respond to the message

I am having difficulty to understand if this can be done with manychat. 

Any idea if this is possible?

Hi @hershkoy yes this is totally possible.

You’ll need to be detailed setting up your bot with the proper tags and conditions along the way, to make sure that the handover happens correctly, and that automated messages are stopped when human interaction is happening.

Basically all you need is tags, conditions, and most importantly to be organized when building your bot!

Hope this helps

Hi @Gustavo Boregio, How will i know if our human representative send reply using manychat shared inbox to the customer , In the previous service we used, we would configure a webhook and if someone sent the message using shared inbox we used to get notified about that event in that webhook, using that information we used to pause the bot until human representative marks the issue resolved.

But in manychat i cant think of way we would know that “our human representative is sending message to customer using manychat’s shared inbox”. 

I have checked “contions” in manychat, but there is no such condition that can detect “if human representative responds”

You’ll have to adjust your processes, adding a tag or having the representative send a flow to start the conversation.

There are different ways to do it, you gotta pick the best option that fit your current processes.

I’ve done this with my clients before, and in each case a slightly different setup makes the most sense. It really depends on the specific scenario and setup.

Hi @Gustavo Boregio  if you mean, human representative to manually add a tag before responding to conversation, this does not sound like excellent solution because human representative will have to remember adding the tag everytimh he/she responds to the conversation.

I am not sure what you meant by “Having a representative send a flow”? can you please elaborate.

To iterate my problem.
I want to automatically detect when human representative responds to the conversation. so that we know in our bot that this conversation is being taken care by human representative so that bot is not allowed to interrupt.

Hey @aayush so no, you cannot do this automatically in Manychat, you need a workaround.

And you need to find a workaround that fits your team’s workflow.

The suggestions I mentioned are workaround that are semi-automated and, with the right adjustments, have fit my clients’ needs and workflows.