Skip to main content
Solved

Can't switch on the trigger button. "You can not activate the widget on the Free plan"

• 20 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi! I set up automations to have those quick reply’s in DM, when someone comments on my post. It worked for 2 or 3 times, now I would like to set up a 6th automation, but when I try to set up a trigger, the button at the left corner is switched off and a message appears” You can not activate the widget on the Free plan. Upgrade to Pro for unlimited access”. I don’t use any pro elements in my trigger, is very simple. (Comment “webinar” and you get the link to webinar in DM) 

Also I’ve notice some off my automations are switched off at the moment, and when I want to switch them on, I can see a notification saying “set up trigger to activate”, but when I do, I’m going back to “You can not activate the widget on the Free plan. Upgrade to Pro for unlimited access”

I know free plan it’s up to 1000 users, but only few people clicked on my message on instagram before.

Thanks for any help!

The same issue is happening to me!

I am having the same problem too….. any ideas what is going on? Is it a bait and switch type thing? Bait us in making us think this feature is free, but after a certain number of automations, it forces us to get a paid membership?

No idea… Maybe some help from the SUPPORT please? :) 

I’m having the same issue. And I’ve only had 5 people comment on my IG posts since trying MC. The trigger worked once, but the last 4 times I’ve tried to use Many Chat, there’s no way to activate the trigger. Since I can’t really try it out, how am I going to be able to decide if I want to switch to the pro plan?

Is it a glitch or is this a strategy to get me to pay without even having really experienced the potential power behind MC.?

I’m struggling too, want to try the free version but my simple automation isn’t working. This program seems so user friendly but in actuality it isn’t...so far.

Not sure if this will work for you, but for others, try choosing a specific post only for each trigger. Do not choose “All Posts or Reels” because it’s included in the Pro plan.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you're encountering a limitation of the Free plan related to using up to 4 Growth Tools, and the Comments Reply trigger you're trying to set up is part of these tools.

The limitation isn't about how many people click on your message but how many automations with Comment Reply trigger you can have active.

To use more than 4 Comment Replies, you'd need to consider upgrading to the Pro plan for unlimited access.

You can compare plans by clicking ‘Upgrade to Pro’ button and showing a full table.

Hope my answer helps you to clarify things!

Petr

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you're encountering a limitation of the Free plan related to using up to 4 Growth Tools, and the Comments Reply trigger you're trying to set up is part of these tools.

The limitation isn't about how many people click on your message but how many automations with Comment Reply trigger you can have active.

To use more than 4 Comment Replies, you'd need to consider upgrading to the Pro plan for unlimited access.

You can compare plans by clicking ‘Upgrade to Pro’ button and showing a full table.

Hope my answer helps you to clarify things!

Petr

Hi, where does it say 4 Growth Tools? I don’t see the same detail on this page: https://manychat.com/pricing

Same problem here ….