Skip to main content
Question

Can your Instagram Get Shut Down if your Automation is high traffic?

• 8 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a contact/influencer colleague with a large (1M+)+ Instagram following who is concerned about using story reply or DM automation on a large scale.

She was told from another influencer with a similar audience size that a large volume of Many Chat automations on a similar account shut down their Instagram completely.

Has anyone had any experience with this?  Had their IG shut down for a high volume of automations used?

It seems unlikely to me as long as the automation itself is compliant with policies and well built.

TIA!

I work with 1M+ accounts, and haven't had any issues.

The only feature that you need to be aware of (and that I'd recommend leaving turned off) is the comments reply automations, since IG can take the replies as spam and put restrictions on the account.

But if you're doing DM automation only you should not have any issues at all.

Hello, 

I’m slightly new to the game but just received a message from Instagram that my account has been suspected of automated behavior.

I work with 1M+ accounts, and haven't had any issues.

The only feature that you need to be aware of (and that I'd recommend leaving turned off) is the comments reply automations, since IG can take the replies as spam and put restrictions on the account.

But if you're doing DM automation only you should not have any issues at all.

Am I correct in interpreting this that “Comments Reply Automations” is the specific segment in a “When user comments trigger word → DM automation, where you fill in “Public Reply”? Leaving this off makes sense.

Or do you mean to refrain from using this automation all together and stick to DM automations?

@florisjsk yes, leave the public reply off if you have a high-engagement account and you should be ok.