Skip to main content
Solved

chatbot in website

I want to embed a chatbot in my website using my existing automation, but I can't navigate the customer chat is there any other alternative for this?

The Customer Chat will be disabled as of May 2024 (a decision taken by Meta). The Manychat Team is currently working on an Omnichannel widget that can replace it, but only Manychat Educators currently have access to that feature (for testing).

@Joren Wouters does the “omnichannel widget” provide a native chat interface or is it just a widget that redirects people using ref links?

@Ryan Right now, it’s just a widget that redirects people using ref links.

where can I navigate that omnichannel widget?

@Joren Wouters Thanks for the update. That’s what I’ve feared. Ref links in a pop-up AKA the new omnichannel widget is not a replacement for a chat widget. Firstly you are taking people away from the onsite experience rather than complimenting it and with ref links you still have a barrier to entry. I assume you’ll be able to add Messenger, WhatsApp, IG and Email to this new omnichannel widget. Most websites have web forms, using ref links that open their email app is pointless. This widget might be useful is some cases but replacing the chat widget with it (if that is the case) is like replacing a car with a rusty bike, sure its going to get you from A to B but its going to be clunky and frustrating.

I use Manychat Ref URL links in buttons on my website to start Messenger chats and trigger my flows. 

@Tim Armstrong_ Yes, we use similar links when it is relevant. The widget that is being introduced by ManyChat will make it easier for novices to embed these onsite but with the live chat widget being withdrawn and no replacement in sight its a regression rather than a step forward.

Hi,

I want also to be able to add a chatbot from my website.

Any update ?

Hey @phil I've been using openwidget.com for some of my clients.

It's a simple, free solution that lets you connect to Assistants API and have a trained AI bot on your site.

It's nowhere near as powerful as Manychat, but for most clients it gets the job done and solves their problems.

@Gustavo Boregio TY. I’ll check this :-)