Skip to main content
Question

Completely stuck with keyword automation

• 20 July 2024
  • 8 replies

I am new to Manychat and I am very confused already. I really need to understand how to set up a keyword automation to be able to deliver a free lead magnet (for starters). I have watched a video which states keywords are under automation but I do not have that option as per the video. I then signed up for the free trial to see if that made a difference and it hasn't. I only have automation, basics and sequences in the menu.

Can someone please explain to me how to do this based on the following scenario.

I simply want to create an Instagram post and then ask readers to comment a keyword which will then link them to my lead agent. Sorry but this is as clear as mud unless I am being totally thick.

Help please! 

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @lisacolton!

This video may help you:

Hi 

Thanks for the video!  I have watched tons of them on YouTube and I have set up the automation but it's not working. I have deleted and reactivated ManyCat, refreshed permissions, checked that it's linked to FB and IG and still it's not working. I am literally pulling my hair out. And the Manychat videos are all out of date so as much use as a chocolate teapot. I have spent hours on this and am debating to go to another company because this is not user friendly at all. Very disappointed.

If you have any other suggestions I would be very grateful :-(

Lisa

Ok that nice you will learn it

send me a Dm on instagram , one of the members of our team can give you a free walk through over zoom.
Instagram:@jarenegades

Badge

...and no one answered this thread! I’m having the exact same problem! Creating a new automation doesn’t resolve it, the bug followed me there too! This completely sabotages using Manychat!

Userlevel 3
Badge

… here is some step by step to set a simple automation to do something like that:

• Start a new automation:
  1. Set a trigger for: User comments on your Post or Reel
  2. Connect an action with Instagram Opt-In (this prevents some cases where users don't start triggers if opted-out before)
  3. The first message must be defined as Comment Reply 
  4. Connect a message when the button is clicked wich has the Button+Link for your free stuff.

Hope it helps.

Fabio

Badge

Lisa, F posted a reply and it actually worked to solve our mutual problem. Here is my thread:

I don’t know what he is posting in response here though.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey Lisa! If you follow the steps in this video, it will work: 

If you want to get more familiar with Manychat, I also have a course on my website called the Instagram Automation Starter Pack (https://chatimize.com/instagram-automation-starter-pack/). This will make you familiar with all the ins and outs of the platform.
Hope this helps!