Skip to main content

Hi 👋

I have a Whatsapp flow which asks the user a series of Yes/No questions. When using Messenger or Instagram flows, it’s easy to create natural ‘breaks’ or pauses with User Input prompts and the Multiple Choice option, but Whatsapp doesn’t have the Multiple Choice option. 

The issue is, that when I use a text block with buttons in Whatsapp, the flow continues to run, even if the user doesn’t provide any input so we don’t get a response to every question and the user experience is terrible. 

I’ve reverted to a fallback of User Input with text, asking the user to reply with Y or N, but this is also not acceptable UX. I though there may be a way to use conditions, only moving to the next step once the previous answer has a value, but I haven’t been able to make this work either. 

Is there any other way to ‘pause’ the automation until the user provides input using buttons in a Whatsapp flow?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

Just split it up like this and it’ll. create the pause you want.

Thank you, this worked perfectly. 

It’s frustrating that this functions differently when it’s in its own message, compared to multiple questions in the same message...