Skip to main content

Hey everyone! Im kinda new to manychat, so it can be very simple for someone.

when i try to save any user input using any custom input.

Hey @Benicio Rios try the preview in Whatsapp, by selecting the down arrow besides the ‘Preview’ button.

The in-app preview has some restrictions and it won’t evaluate custom field values, conditions, external requests, etc. So for tests like yours, you need to do it in the actual channel (Whatsapp/IG/Messenger/etc)

Hey  Gustavo, thanks for reaching out so fast, i tried and it worked!!

But when i tried to use the openai integration it don’t returns anything

WhatsApp screenshot

Here is the action with the openAI request:

Request openAi

On the prompt, put only the instructions for the GPT.

Where it says ‘latest user message’, fill it with the ‘chatGPT input’ user field.

If that doesn’t work, check Settings > Logs to see if there are any errors.

Thanks again Gustavo!

It seems like i exceeded the openAI requests limit per hour

WhatsApp
Logs

Im gonna wait for a while and try again soon, im gonna stay you updated

Well, im really dumb tbh, i simply forgot to put credit in the openAI website, i still needing to try this but im gonna stay you updated

Happens to all of us ;)

Hi, I’m having the exact same issue except with the phone number  and email address, I'm trying to send this data to an external webhook on make but its just sending {phone} and {email} and not setting the real data in the field, does Anyone know how to fix this issue or can anyone guide me on some steps to take maybe as I’m finding it hards to find a help email for Manychat.

If it’s sending {email} and {phone} it’s because these values are empty on Manychat, or you configured something wrong.

And it’s not the same issue :D

If you want me to take a look at it check out gusboregio.com for some options ;)

Thanks

Hi, I’m having the exact same issue except with the phone number  and email address, I'm trying to send this data to an external webhook on make but its just sending {phone} and {email} and not setting the real data in the field, does Anyone know how to fix this issue or can anyone guide me on some steps to take maybe as I’m finding it hards to find a help email for Manychat.

Hey man, can you send some screenshots so we can see better understand what is happening, one of the cause can be what Gustavo replied to me above, try to run the flow in the external social media that you pretend to use like whatsApp, Instagram, etc.

I had the same problem trying to use the calendly application  and solved doing what i just said.

I’ve tested it on instagram and it’s not catching any of the data whether I submit the user response to the phone and email field pre made by Manychat or a new custom user field called phone number and email. When I send the request it sends first name only on instagram too.

I’ve tested it on instagram and it’s not catching any of the data whether I submit the user response to the phone and email field pre made by Manychat or a new custom user field called phone number and email. When I send the request it sends first name only on instagram too.

Can you send the custom user field config too? Just go to your configs > fields > the field that you are using

So I have tried to both set the user field as a custom ‘number’ field and I have also set it to the phone and email fields that Manychat provides. I've just figured out I can set it to ‘phone’ reply type and set it as a customer user field not saving it to the system field but when I do that and press update it says wrong question field type as seen below.

d

d

I know that it may sound stupid, but you tried with the text reply type? 

Use the system fields, and make sure to map the system fields on your external requests, not the user fields

@Gustavo Boregio unfortunately this was the first thing I tried.

Can anyone else just give me someone to talk to who can directly access my account because this isn't an issue of human error, its just that the data isn’t saving no matter what I do, I've been struggling with this for days and am highly relying on this automation. Thank you!

Or os there simply an email I can have to contact one of the Manychat team.

@Marketing Hub AI I’ll send you a DM.