Skip to main content

Hi there,

Overview of the Setup

I use a main automation that includes a helper automation called activateChaseUserEmailAddress Automation. The flow is as follows:

1. User comments on my post

2. activateChaseUserEmailAddress Automation: This helper automation collects the user’s email address.

3. Send Resource Automation: After the email is collected, this automation sends the requested resource to the user.

Detailed Explanation

1. User comments on my post: The trigger for the entire process.

2. activateChaseUserEmailAddress Automation: This automation is called within the main automation to collect the user’s email address. The main automation makes a request to this helper automation and waits for it to complete.

3. Send Resource Automation: Once the activateChaseUserEmailAddress Automation is finished, the main automation proceeds to execute the Send Resource Automation, which sends the resource to the user.

The Issue

• Expected Behaviour: When a user enters their email address immediately after being prompted, the automation proceeds as expected. The email is collected, and the main automation continues to the Send Resource Automation after waiting for the current automation to complete.

• Problematic Behaviour: If the user does not enter their email immediately and instead receives a follow-up message prompting them to “Enter your email below⬇️”, the flow appears to proceed normally once they send their email. However, in this scenario, the Send Resource Automation is never executed.

Illustration of the Issue

Here’s the problematic sequence:

1. User comments on my post.

2. activateChaseUserEmailAddress Automation requests the user’s email.

3. User does not immediately enter their email and receives a follow-up message.

4. User enters their email after the follow-up message.

5. Email is collected, but the Send Resource Automation is not triggered.

I can assure you that the Send Resource Automation is not being triggered because there are no logs on my dashboard indicating any errors related to the external request. Typically, if there were an issue with the request itself, I would see error logs or some indication of a failure. However, in this case, there are no such logs, which clearly shows that the external request to send the resources was never initiated. This means that the Send Resource Automation was simply bypassed and not executed at all, despite the user eventually providing their email address.

Main Automation
?name=image.png

activateChaseUserEmailAddress Automation
?name=image.png

Execute Send Resources Automation
?name=image.png

Be the first to reply!