Skip to main content

It seems that every time someone messages me on IG, it automatically adds them as a contact. This really takes up a lot of space, and I get charged more and more every month as I don’t do anything with them, unless they enter into my automation. Would love to hear and see if there is a switch off BUTTON for adding a contact? Unless they enter through my automation. Thanks guys! :)

There isn’t a way to do that.

Ideally, you’d have an automation setup for all new DMs, so no matter how they start the conversation, you have a welcome + options for them.

If you don’t want that, then the only option is to manually unsubscribe/delete these users that you don’t want on your list.

you can create an automation to ‘unsuscribe’ them so you can keep only those you want to

Setup a rule like that to automatically delete contacts 7 days after the last user interaction

Yes, I recommend doing the same as Vadim says.

And it’s also best to add some conditions. For example, if someone has filled in an ‘Email’, then don’t delete them.

Explain what you mean by “Email” I don’t see an option like that. Also this isn’t affecting anything on our IG account right? Just MC