Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on an automation in ManyChat to handle labor complaints, and I need some assistance with setting up a unique folio number system. Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:

1. Initial Setup: I want to start the folio number at 1000.
  2. Incrementing Folio Number: Each time a user submits a complaint, I want the folio number to increment by 1 and return this folio number to the people sent the complain.

If anyone has experience with this or can guide me through the exact steps to set this up, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Hi, @Maveric1289!

You can do that directly in Manychat:

• First, go to Settings/ Fields/ Bot Fields
  • Create a Number Field and define its value to 1000

• On your flow, create an Action/ Set Bot Field that increases by 1 the field you have created:

This will add 1 to the field value every time the automation is triggered and passes by the action step.

To show the Folio Number to your contact, just use it as a variable in your response message:

I would also suggest integrating Google Sheets and send the user data to a spreadsheet to maintain some control over the complains. 😉

Thanks that works!!! 🙌🙌

I’ve been trying the next: but it doesn’t work

I'm trying to set up a flow in ManyChat for Whatsapp that validates whether a folio number entered by the user exists in a Google Sheets document. I want to display a confirmation message if the folio is on the list; otherwise, I want to send a notice that the folio is not in the system. I've integrated Google Sheets, but I would appreciate help on how to properly set up the conditions in the flow to handle the responses. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.