Skip to main content

Hi, 

I created a sequence for a 5 day challenge I run. It worked perfectly the first time I ran it and the last two times I have tried it has failed to work. 

People register for the challenge over three months so they can’t go straight into it. I tried just having it switched off and then manually switching on the messages just before. 

What would be the best process for this. Should I instead tag them and then subscribe them to the sequence myself? Can I do that? Any help is appreciated. 

Hi Annabel, more information is needed in order to answer this question.

1. Where does the challenge happen? Messenger, Instagram or Whatsapp
  2. What recurring notification opt-in are you using? Since per Meta rules after 24 hours you can’t send any automated messages to anyone on any platform mentioned in point #1
  3. If you are using Marketing Lists on IG, or DM lists on Messenger (which can be found on the settings tab), remember to select outside 24 hour window and pick the correct List that your audience subscribed to.

If your clients have opted in via the appropriate opt in button that signals to Meta that you are allowed to send automated messages after 24 hours (once a day limit) , you have selected Outside 24 hours on every message of the sequence and selected the correct list they have opted in to, then you may want to reach out to support.

Hi Trilce, 

1. Challenge is on Facebook so FB messenger 
  2. Maybe this is what's going wrong now. I put the first message to subscribe to a messenger list once the url link is clicked 
  3. I started to so this but I think my setup meant this didn’t work 

Okay so from what I’m understanding I need to have a url link that follows to a message to request to join a messenger list. (or is there a way to go straight to the messenger list?)  Then when the challenge begins I subscribe that group of contacts to the sequence. 

Is that correct? Thank you for your help :)

Here you go Annabel! Made a little loom video for you to clarify all the steps: https://www.loom.com/share/d175d71c73e84944b7dd1aab58e63876

Just adding to this, make sure to go multi-channel also.

You can sync your Messenger messages with email messages (that you can send straight from ManyChat!).

Here you go Annabel! Made a little loom video for you to clarify all the steps: https://www.loom.com/share/d175d71c73e84944b7dd1aab58e63876

This is fab. Thank you Trilce for the video. I’ll give that a go this week. 😁

Just adding to this, make sure to go multi-channel also.

You can sync your Messenger messages with email messages (that you can send straight from ManyChat!).

Appreciate the extra tip!