Skip to main content

I’m currently trying to find a way where:

After a user sends their response to my question with the instagram free keyword input after I ask a question on IG, 
obviously it getts stored and I save it as a custom value.

BUT many times a user will reply with an additional 1-5 extra back to back messages as well.

I want to be able to store all the separate messages as their own custom values inside manychat, so I’m able to properly let the system know the full context of their answer and check for keywords from each one.

Although, I haven’t been able to find a way to get ManyChat to properly store multiple messages as seperate values when they’re getting sent back to back like it would be in real conversation practice. Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this work?

I’ve tried, storing the first message as DM 1 ,
then have the system check the last text input and if it changed to any value,
and if it did: then set that new value as DM 2 , and repeat this process for up to 6 different messages

but no luck, I’m assuming because It’s not looping the condition check properly, or maybe even the system just doesn’t work like that. You’d think that there would just be an option to wait for multiple user inputs, as this is how it works in real practice? 

Any advice or ideas would be amazing. Thanks!

This is a very good question. I would like to know the answer to that too. Strange that most bot platforms expect one one entry, while most humans send a ton of messages per round.

After a month or so of creating/testing some different automations... I managed to create a flow that can check for and store up to 6 “back-to-back” user DM’s that can be processed before your automation gives a response.

I will post a full update here when I get a moment to go into how it works in detail. It’s a VERY powerful automation and I’m shocked more people haven’t been trying to do something similar to this @A R T E M 

After a month or so of creating/testing some different automations... I managed to create a flow that can check for and store up to 6 “back-to-back” user DM’s that can be processed before your automation gives a response.

I will post a full update here when I get a moment to go into how it works in detail. It’s a VERY powerful automation and I’m shocked more people haven’t been trying to do something similar to this @A R T E M 

Can you share how you did it?

Hey @MikeyMiami are you able to share what you did here?

I am calling some external services in my flow so not sure if it will work or not, but would be good to take a look.

Thanks

I will post a full update here when I get a moment to go into how it works in detail. It’s a VERY powerful automation and I’m shocked more people haven’t been trying to do something similar to this @A R T E M 

Hey can you please share how you did that ?

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7233862010097037312/?actorCompanyId=100884671

Made a post about it hopefully this helps