Skip to main content
Question

How does ManyChat work when collecting emails?

• 24 July 2024
  • 3 replies

How does ManyChat work when collecting emails? We would love to set up a funnel where “you put your best email” and our freebee will be sent straight to their email. Instead of sending them a link to sign up to our Freebee, they will automatically be opted in. Is this possible?

Can this work with our platform Groove CM?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes you can definitely collect emails and trigger email automations without having the person go to a landing page.

There are 2 ways to do that:

1. You use Manychat’s email service. It’s not as powerful as other email software, but it’s easy to use, well-integrated and gets the job done!
  2. You add the contact to your email software and trigger automations from there. Manychat has some native integrations with some Email software (Mailchim, ActiveCampaign, etc), and for other platforms, you must use either their API or some service like Make.com or Zapier.

For Groove in particular, I’m not sure if they have an API. I have the software, I just asked their support if they have an API or if it can be done via Zapier or Make. I’ll ping back once they reply.

I’ve literally been scouring the internet for this information for the past two hours. The videos I find on YouTube are from 7 months ago and older and don’t have the same interface I have (I guess it’s updated). 

I’m trying to set up the email addresses to go to my Google sheet. I have done the integration and all but can’t seem to find the “User input” all the YouTube videos keep talking about. 

I’d really appreciate any help here. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On the bottom, the button highlighted in Blue.