Question

How to access and save images uploaded by user?

• 9 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I’m building a service booking automation for a local Ford dealership on Whatsapp.

As part of the booking process, the dealership requires users to upload a picture of their vehicle registration disk which contains useful identifying information about their vehicle (VIN Number, Registration Number etc). Allowing uers to upload this images saves them typing out numerous numbers and minimises the possibility for mistyping etc.

I’ve added a flow in the automation where users are able to upload an image from their mobile device, and this works 100% (from the user’s side) BUT I can’t find any trace of these images once the user completes the flow and the conversation is closed.

I can’t find a way to save the image as a user field, in fact, there’s no sign of the uploaded image anywhere.

Any ideas 🤷🏻

Thanks,

Wayne

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You have to capture the image in a user input, and save it to a user field.

Then I suggest using Make or Zapier to download the image and store it elsewhere since Manychat images disappear within a week (or less, not sure right now - but they do disappear).

Thank you for the reply. 

When I try to save it to a user field, I’m only presented with options to save as user field as:

• Text
  • Number
  • Date
  • Date and Time
  • True/False
  • Array

Would you mind giving me some pointers as to how to save it and where I’d find the saved value in order to move it to (Google Drive?) with Zapier or Make?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

URLs are saved on Text Fields.

And you need to prompt the person to send an image with a User Input block, so then you can save the image’s URL to the field you selected.

That is extremely useful. Thank you VERY much Gus, I really appreciate your help!

Hello @Gustavo Boregio @Waynem13 

I want to store multiple image in Google sheet or whatever. But challenges I face how to store many image. for exmaple user share 3 image instead of 1 image then How to store 3 images on any platform?

@Softrefine SWD 

As fas as I can tell, you will need to ask for the images to be uploaded separately as each image has its own URL link. 

Each image is saved to a custom field as a URL which you can then export to a Google sheet by adding a new row.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yeap, one image at a time.

Thanks @Gustavo Boregio and @Waynem13 

Do you have resources where I can understand the how to save image at a time.

This video will help: