Skip to main content

Hi all,

I am creating Manychat Flows for clients and want to share my automations with them but prevent them from creating their own. I know of the “Protection” Features that can be enabled when sharing automations.

If I toggle all of the protection features my flow would be the “safest” → they cannot see the flow, nor edit it, nor copy it etc.

BUT I after copying my template to their account I need to adjust it in order to bring data to their google account.

This is why I have to have the client be able to see and edit my flow - now to my question: If they can see my flow they could easily rebuild it in another automation just by looking at it.

Is there a better option to share an automation that needs finetuning when it is copied into the clients account without having them be able to view the whole of the flow?

Thank you so much!

BUT after copying my template to their account I need to adjust it in order to bring data to their google account.

If you use the template protection, only YOU (the creator of the template) will be able to edit them in the client’s account (as long as you’re an admin on the account).

So if you’re going to be the one doing the editing, then you can turn the protection on and still edit them. You’ll be able to do it, but your clients won’t.

If the client needs to do the updates, and you still want the template protected, then you have to look for alternative methods. For example, instead of using Manychat’s integration with Google Sheets, you can do an API integration and just have the user add their Google Sheet’s ID or URL to a Template Field.

You’ll need some more complex setup and a bit of development to get that working, but it’s 100% doable.

Now, to be honest, 99% of the users won’t look at the flows, understand or even care what is in there if you’re solving a problem they have. The only exception to that is if what you’re offering is overpriced or if your audience is other chatbot builders.