Skip to main content
Question

How to create unique Automations for pre-scheduled posts

• 16 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I am trying to decide whether Manychat will be helpful to my business or not, and I'm confused by something in the automation sequencing.

The main feature I am interested in is sending people direct messages when they comment on a post. When setting up the automations, there are three options for this:  Specific Post or Reel, All Posts or Reels, and Next Post or Reel.

We pre-schedule all of our social media content...so if I am trying to create this automation for all of them, I assume I would pick All Posts or Reels.

My question is:  How does Manychat work when multiple posts are using the same automation?

Let's say my automation for all Posts and Reels is set to send people a message when they say "Myco" (our brand name), and there are 10 posts that have went out recently that this automation applies to.

If I want to send them specific resources depending on the post they comment "Myco" on, how would that work? For example, on one post they comment on I want to send them a link to a specific blog post, and on another post I want to send them a YouTube video.

Do I have to set up a different automation for each resource I want to send to them? Does each automation need a unique trigger keyword in that case? Are keywords always attributed to one specific resource that is sent to them? Is it possible to use one keyword to trigger different messages as per the specifics of the post?

I hope my question makes sense to someone out there!

Thanks,

Mike

Following