Skip to main content

Hi everyone! I have an automation for a tech repair store that works well during business hours, but the company closes at 1 PM on Saturday and reopens on Monday. During the closing period, the customer receives an automatic interaction with an AI, but after finishing that interaction, the 24h window gets closed.

I’m wondering if anyone has implemented a strategy to keep the conversation window open until Monday morning, without needing to use a message template. Any tips or automations that could be set up to ensure the customer interacts on Sunday, for example, to extend this window?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

@victorbomfim_ the best option is to use a message template.

In WhatsApp, the 24 hours is from the first message, not from the last interaction.

So you’d have to get the person to interact after the 24hr window is closed to be able to reset the conversation timer.

You could send a message 23h after the initial message, saying ‘click here to keep the conversation open’. But if the person clicks it before the original 24hrs is over, that won’t start a new 24hr window since it’s still in the original 24hs.

So even though you could try to play around with the times and scheduling, it’d be hit and miss, and a lot of logic for it. And most likely, you’ll still need to use a template for most users.

Anyways, my suggestion to clients is to stick with the message templates.

Hope this helps!

@victorbomfim_ the best option is to use a message template.

In WhatsApp, the 24 hours is from the first message, not from the last interaction.

So you’d have to get the person to interact after the 24hr window is closed to be able to reset the conversation timer.

You could send a message 23h after the initial message, saying ‘click here to keep the conversation open’. But if the person clicks it before the original 24hrs is over, that won’t start a new 24hr window since it’s still in the original 24hs.

So even though you could try to play around with the times and scheduling, it’d be hit and miss, and a lot of logic for it. And most likely, you’ll still need to use a template for most users.

Anyways, my suggestion to clients is to stick with the message templates.

Hope this helps!

Hi Gustavo! Thank you so much for your support with my question about ManyChat. Your help was essential in resolving the issue quickly. I really appreciate your time and attention!