Skip to main content

Hi all!

i have a lot of people who keep triggering automation without taking any steps. 

How do i remove them ?

I tried pausing automation for them from contacts … but they still keep triggering the automation. 

In deleting contact i see that it shows … “until they message you again” … I dont want them to ever trigger the automation for them 

What am i missing ?

Regards

Hi, @zed!

Try this:

1. Create a Tag (i.e.: TRIGGER)
  2. Right after the triggers, set a condition checking if the contact has this tag
    - If YES = Do nothing (leave the node empty)
    - If NO = Continue the flow
  3. Next, set an Action adding the Tag to the contact
  4. Set you steps ans messages up like always
  5. At the end (or at any point you wish), set an Action removing the tag from the contact (this will allow it to trigger the automation again)

Hope it helps! 😉

Will that still count as contact engaged or not ?

(I have 100s of contacts that do that )

Will that still count as contact engaged or not ?

(I have 100s of contacts that do that )

Yes. They are still triggering the automation every time. The only difference is that in this case they won't receive anything via DM until the tag has been removed.

So then how does it help us in this context … the whole idea was to remove people who dont take any action from automation so you dont get charged extra for those people 

What’s the solution to that ?

So then how does it help us in this context … the whole idea was to remove people who dont take any action from automation so you dont get charged extra for those people 

What’s the solution to that ?

Oh, I see… you want to delete these contacts AND keep them away from “coming back”.

When you delete a contact, all tags, system and custom fields are also deleted and if the contacts interact with any automation again, a new contact is created (without any old information, as if nothing happened before).

Long story short: Manychat doesn't provide anything native to this case.

But you can use external tools, like Make, Zapier, n8n… connected to a database with your “blacklisted contacts” and trigger an automation for every new contact that checks if the user is on the database and deletes it right there.

You can even do it with the Google Sheets integration if your profile isn't that active (because of the requests per minute limitation).

Thats pretty convenient for manychat ... why charge for contacts when you have suspended the automation? 

Anyway, which database are we talking about ? and will that not trigger any automation ?