Skip to main content

I have an automation setup for when a user comments “Learn” on a Reel or Post, I send them an automated DM with a link to my free guide. 

Is there a way within 24 hours to send another follow up DM with something like, “Did you get it? Is there anything I can answer for you re digital marketing?”

Thank you

Yes, but you have to get them to interact first.

My suggestion is that when you send the first message, add a button to it and make them click on the button to get the free guide.

On the 2nd message (with the guide), you’ll be able to connect a smart delay and trigger the follow up message.

Yes, but you have to get them to interact first.

My suggestion is that when you send the first message, add a button to it and make them click on the button to get the free guide.

On the 2nd message (with the guide), you’ll be able to connect a smart delay and trigger the follow up message.

I do have a button. When they click the button it takes them to the opt-in page in my funnel. But I can’t figure out how to do what you’re saying. thanks

@meganmoneybags You need a button that’s an interaction in the chat (it needs to send them a message after), not just a link to an external page. You need to setup something like this:

(don’t mind the copy, just look at the message structure)

And if I may suggest, I also recommend that you ask for their email address and connect this to your email software (or use Manychat to email them).

Capturing their email on Instagram is one less friction point and keeps them on IG, significantly increasing your opt-in rates.

If you need help setting this up let me know. You can book a consulting call with me on gusboregio.com, or I can also get this setup for you, with all bells & whistles to connect to your email software, setup reminders in case they don’t enter their email, and a follow-up message later sending them more content.

@meganmoneybags You need a button that’s an interaction in the chat (it needs to send them a message after), not just a link to an external page. You need to setup something like this:

(don’t mind the copy, just look at the message structure)

And if I may suggest, I also recommend that you ask for their email address and connect this to your email software (or use Manychat to email them).

Capturing their email on Instagram is one less friction point and keeps them on IG, significantly increasing your opt-in rates.

If you need help setting this up let me know. You can book a consulting call with me on gusboregio.com, or I can also get this setup for you, with all bells & whistles to connect to your email software, setup reminders in case they don’t enter their email, and a follow-up message later sending them more content.

Thank you, but I don’t know how to make the button send a message after!! I don’t see that option anywhere. thanks

Ok first go to the top right of the screen and make sure you’re using the ‘Flow Builder’. If it says ‘Go to Flow Builder’ click on it. Mine is already on the ‘Flow Builder’, so I can switch it to the Basic Builder if I want.

For the button, when you create a new one (with the ‘+ Add Button’ option), you have several options. Click on ‘Instagram’ and it’ll create a new message block for you.