Skip to main content

Hello,

I am new to manychat and am trying to create an automation for instagram comments.  I would like to have it set up as this.  Someone enters (KEY WORD), I ask for email and opt it, they give it, it sends my lead magnet (which is a link in canva) to the email submitted.

I’m sure there is a simple way to do this but I am so confused!  

Thanks for your help!

Yes!

You need to capture their email using a User Input, and then you an send them an email directly in Manychat, using Manychat email.

You'll first need to enable and configure the email channel in Settings > Email.

Once you do that, go back to the flow builder and you'll see the option to create an email on your flow to send the lead magnet.

Thanks Gustavo!  Any chance you can help me with another problem.  I have the email now on my flow but it’s not sending out the link I have attached to it.  It also doesn’t appear to be collecting emails anywhere.  I think I don't have a setting right...

What email service provider do you use? You can send email directly in manychat if you want or use zapier, make, pabbly or even direct manychat integration (depending on your ESP) to send contact data to your email service provider.

I am using the manychat email, or at least want to.  Here is my automation if it helps.  The auto response is working for instagram DM’s its just the email that isn’t going out.  Any help you can provide would be amazing :)

Check the settings in the user input. 
you have to be using the system field and setting email optin. 

also make sure you have $ on your wallet and that the email isn’t going to the spam folder. 

finally try with different email addresses and without the link to make sure your ESP isn’t blocking the email.