Skip to main content
Solved

How to set a trigger word in the Automation section?

• 28 August 2024
  • 6 replies

I want to implement trigger words. If someone types “help” I want to list a short index of commands. That way at any point they can break from the flow that is setup if it’s not working for them. Then if they manually type “human”, “contact”, etc they can directly trigger the commands they’re looking for.

You could use Quick Replies for that…

Set up an Automation with the “help” trigger and create a message with Quick Replies for your desired options:

For each Quick Reply you can assign other messages with instructions, links, etc.

No, the problem is that every time I add a new trigger they all get dumped in to the same starting point.

How do I split the three starting triggers in to three separate bubbles?

Here is a visual example of three independent starting points:

Notice how the specific trigger words are first and then anything that doesn’t match (Anything else, at the bottom) would then be the more structured chat. This is exactly what I want but again, Manychat keeps dumping everything in to a single trigger!

Because I need to change the “Then” association to the other chat bubble option for example.

You need to configure 3 separate automations, one for each trigger/keyword.

And you’ll be able to customize different messages for each of them with the options you want.

You need to configure 3 separate automations, one for each trigger/keyword.

And you’ll be able to customize different messages for each of them with the options you want.

👆 Exactly this is what you need to do.

This led to the initial trigger forcing me to always pick a keyword and no longer working. That issue (as of the time of this thread) was resolved in the following thread (to negate other people having their time wasted trying to do the same thing) here: