Skip to main content

I’ve seen many big IG creators starting their automation with a message that allows them to collect data, such as email, asking people’s names, or using multiple answer choices (versus sending a message “as a comment reply”). 

How do you do that?

This is what I did, but it isn’t working:

Step 1: I set up an automation that when people comment KEYWORD on my reel/post they get a tag (flow 1)

Step 2: I set up a rule that once people get this tag, it triggers my automation

Step 3: I created an automation with the tag as a trigger (“contact event occurs”) and my first message is a message type “within 24 hour window” (flow 2)

It doesn’t work ☹️ 

What am I missing here?

Thank you!

@frenchgourmetstravel the comment reply does not reset the 24 hours window, it only sends a message to the person.

What you need is an interaction from the user (for example they send a message or click a button that goes to another message), and then you've started the 24 hours window.

So, instead of having your comment reply say only 'Here's the link' and end it there, change it to say 'hey, to get the link click the button'. Once they click the button, you follow up with 'here's the link' and from there you can do anything you want within the 24 hours window (ask for email, ask more questions, etc).

Here's some extra documentation that may help you: https://help.manychat.com/hc/en-us/articles/14281316989724-Instagram-Post-and-Reel-Comments-Trigger

Thank you!

Yes, I get what you said. 

Now, another question: I have a flow that delivers my freebie. I want the end of the flow to trigger ANOTHER flow (automation) that takes them to the presentation of my paid offer. 

How do I do that? I mean, how can the end of the flow trigger another flow within 24h of their last interaction?

@frenchgourmetstravel You can use the Start Automation block to connect different flows/automations ;)

Thank you!