Skip to main content
Question

i need help! manychat does not work when the bot is connected in more than one place

• 9 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Guys, I need a lot of help, sorry for the broken English, I'm from Brazil.I use Manychat for Telegram and the same bot that I connect to Manychat I also use on the help channel, I've always done it like this on other accounts.However, I got an account from a new client, and I installed the bot on Manychat, and Manychat works perfectly, but when I put the same bot on ChannelHelp, my Manychat started to work at the same time, has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to resolve it? My other accounts on manychat that have the bot in both places still work normally, I really need to adjust this!If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Because you have two platforms trying to take over a chat, this is not recommended and there is no way to fix it so that both can work, its either one or the other.

There’s a Meta feature called the Handover Protocol, which means who gets to answer a chat, and either one will overtake the other or both will be enabled at the same time. So recommendation is to only have one.

ManyChat is great for Bot <> Human (one person) conversations.

Bot <> Channel or Bot <> Group (or Bot <> Bot) like Telegram allows you to do are not the best scenarios for ManyChat + Telegram.

Think of ManyChat as a way to automate personalized conversations with your audience, always between your Bot and that person.

PS: if you wanna chat in Portuguese or Spanish let me know ;)