Skip to main content

Hi everyone

I’m trying to build an Automation with Instagram + ChatGPT (see Screenshot below)

For some strange reason instead of the response, I get “No longer available” in small grey text from Instagram (see screenshot below)

The stranges thing is that when I reload the page, then I actually get the AI answer but with a button “Get updates” that I have no clue where it comes from.

This automation used to work, but when I recorded and reproduced it it stopped working (both the newly made one and the old one that used to work).

The exact same automation still works for Facebook and WhatsApp.

What I tried so far:

• Again removing and reconnecting Instagram to ManyChat
  • Deleting and remaking the whole flow
  • Deleting and remaking the ‘fields’ (variables)

My thoughts:

• When recreating this, I also removed and recreated my Manychat connection to Instagram. Perhaps there is a permission issue? (altho I did the same with Facebook and had no issue there)

Perhaps someone of you came across this and will know the solution right away? Because I’m at the end of my knowledge and can’t figure it out. ChatGPT wasn’t much help either. Thanks so much!

Alright after trying out a lot more I found that the ‘buttons’ apparently just don’t work in the Instagram Web Chat, but when I use it throug the mobile app it works smoothly. 

Problem not really solved but that workaround is good enough, since almost noone uses the webchat.

Hey @Gregor this is an issue with the Desktop app of Instagram, not with ChatGPT. The desktop version has a bunch of bugs...

If you test on mobile it should work fine.

Also, the delays you have stacked are not at all necessary:

The automation won’t leave the previous ‘Action’ with the ChatGPT request until it’s done…

So, if it fails for whatever reason, you’ll hace ‘AI Output’ empty as soon as you leave the action step, no need to stack these delays and ‘retry’.

@Gustavo Boregio Thanks for the answer, very helpful!
Have a great day :)