Skip to main content
Question

Integrated Klaviyo, now what?

• 13 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi,

1. I’ve integrated Klaviyo to collect emails
  2. I set up a flow (see below)

1. I previewed the flow on IG (see below)

1. I can’t collect emails…

What did I do wrong?

To collect emails you have to use the User Input field, and the person has to enter their email. You can’t automatically collect emails with the click of a button.

Here’s the documentation from Manychat’s help desk: https://support.manychat.com/support/solutions/articles/36000003046-user-input-and-custom-fields

@Gustavo Boregio I understand I can’t automatically collect emails. I read the document you linked to, but it doesn’t answer my question. How do I collect emails? Is there a tutorial on how to do that with Zlaviyo?

Here is a quick video with the step you’re missing:

Hope this helps

Hi @Gustavo Boregio , Thank you for the video, however I don’t have that list of cards to select “User Input.”

Hey @strawberry for the comment reply message, you need an interaction before doing the user input.

So make your first message something like ‘click the button to get your guide’ + a button.

After they click the button, use the flow I showed you with the User Input field.

Here is a quick video with the step you’re missing:

Hope this helps

Hi Gustavo, I am having the same trouble. I have set mine up the way you have said with the action and all the Klaviyo details in the action, even choosing the list in Klav that I want the emails to go into and it’s not sending those emails to Klav. The integration between Klav and MC is working as I can see our Klav lists in MC… any ideas on what could be going wrong? I have attached some images to give you context.

@Sherilyn your setup looks correct at first glance.

I’d check in Klaviyo that you have double opt-in disabled for this list. This usually causes headaches and solves the problem most of the times.

Hi there,

Many thanks for the input above. Just got a question? I have follwed all the steps including  disabling double opt-in for my Klaviyo list. I preview in manychat, but I do not receive any emails in klaviyo. Is there any way I can be sure of that it is working before I go live?

@evrim you need to see the emails coming up in Klaviyo and any automations you have being triggered to make sure it works.

If you don't see it there's something broken on your setup.

Try testing with a fresh email address

If you have a @gmail account you have infinite email accounts - if your email is username@gmail.com, then username+any_text_here@gmail.com are also valid. I use these emails to test my integrations.