Skip to main content
Question

Integrating Manychat and Klaviyo

• 15 February 2024
  • 4 replies

We are integrating ManyChat with Klaviyo and trying ManyChat fields to Klaviyo properties, for consent fields related to SMS and email.

However we are having trouble ensuring that consent is correctly marked in Klaviyo when passing data from ManyChat

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried everything and had to resort to Zapier to pass consent correctly. Kind of defeats the purpose of a native integration!

Check the data types, you probably have a conflict there.

"Opted In for Email/SMS" is a boolean field (true/false), and your Klaviyo fields are probably of another type (text fields).

Try to map a text field, see if that works.

@Gustavo Boregio We’ve tried mapping a text field manually with the Klaviyo expected $consent responses, and Manychat simply isn’t passing the data. Unfortunately, the exact same manual field mapping that doesn’t work in Manychat works as expected in Zapier.

I’d try passing the System Field into a User Field and seeing if that works.

And if the issue persists, then it’s definitely something worthy of opening a ticket with support.

Email them at support@manychat.com or submit a ticket at support.manychat.com

Also, if you want me to take a look at it I offer troubleshooting calls - you can book them here: gusboregio.com

Hope you’re able to sort this out ;)