Skip to main content

Good evening everyone!! 

I keep receiving the message “Invalid JSON; Variables are not defined.” I’ve used an already made template and used riplit to generate the url. When deploying the chatbot to instagram, I’ve got as far as creating the thread. The chatbot won’t go no further than the introduction. For example, after sending the trigger, it responds, then after I ask the question, no response. I’ve also attempted to enter a contact, but nothing comes up. Am I doing something wrong, any suggestions? 

I also attempted to create the external requests from scratch but I keep running into the same error as I duplicate it.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Hey @Anniieeb the error you show on the image can be solved if you preview a flow, and Manychat relates the 'Contact for testing' on the top right with your profile. Once you can associate the contact the error "Invalid JSON" should disappear.

To solve this, usually I a very simple ‘Hello World’ message and trigger the automation using the ‘Preview’ button on the channel that you’re working. Then refresh the pages, and once Manychat knows who you are your name starts appearing in that box and the error disappears.

As for getting it to work, there are a bunch of things that could be setup wrong.

I'd suggest you get help from whoever gave you the template and the replit repo, they'll be the best to help you sort this out.

If that's not an option, I can help you either debugging or with alternative solutions for connecting to Assistants API (directly from Manychat to OpenAI, no replit or other services required).