Skip to main content

is_ig_account_follower returns nothing, it seems it doesnt work a.k.a doesnt get data. Any work around or some update on this?

Hi, @dvlana!

Could you provide a little more information about what you are trying to achieve (and how)?

Manychat's API (https://api.manychat.com/swagger) doesn't mention this parameter…

There's a condition in the automations that can check if a contact follows you on Instagram. But that's it…

I have a system made with my own API, which I've connected to ManyChat automation flow. Basically, what it does is: when a person sends a keyword to my Instagram messages, they get a generated answer. I've set it up so that a person can get an answer only once per day. If they send a second keyword before 24 hours have passed, my API generates a message that says, “Wait X hours and Y minutes.”

I want to make it so that a person can only generate a message if they follow my Instagram, otherwise my API would generate message please follow me or something like that. However, it seems that this condition returns an empty parameter or simply doesn't work.

Array(    scontact_id] => xxxxx // it returns correct id i just blurred it    is_subscribed] => // it returns empty state)

For example if i make is_subscribed encode to json so it would be bolean ture/false the state always remains false. The part where it should if its follower or not doesnt work.

Please advise.

P.s this is my body setup

Hey @dvlana 

I’m testing it out, and I’m getting either a 1 if the person follows the account or empty if they don’t.

This would need checking with a bigger sample size, but from the looks of it this is how it’s setup.

Hope this helps!

Yeah it works, but it seems that manychat scraps whether is follower or not 1 time per x hours, i made work around on that with a code, perhaps you could disclosed how offten it checkes is it 1 time per day? Because if i right away follow it does not detect, but on older followers it detects that they follow, i wonder how much i need wait until it detected.

Also it seems that some of the followers are followers for some time and the function doesnt scrape that it is follower. Can someone give clarification on this?

HUGE UPDATE: if you use this function as condition like so:

it works but if you use it to get status follower or not for your internal code like:

$is_subscribed = isset($input['is_subscribed']) ? $input['is_subscribed'] : 0; // Default to 0 if not set

Thus getting from the body subscribed state, it wont work and it detects only small % of followers, otherwise useless.