Skip to main content

Is there an option for a "call button"?  I am wanting to drive leads to a call center.  It would be nice if there was a button where they could just click on it and automatically have them call.  Or do I just have to put our phone number in the text?

I did a quick search on google and couldn’t find any answers to this.  I am very new to many chat so I figured I would ask here before I go down the rabbit hole of searching.

Yes, you can use the TEL URL Scheme. For example: tel:+12819374192.

In its original format, Manychat doesn't recognize it as a valid URL. However, you can use it this way: tel://+12819374192.

BUT...

Manychat always includes a tracking parameter on buttons to identify the number of clicks, and this BREAKS the tel: scheme 😢.

Therefore, a "small" workaround is necessary:

1. You need to create a page on your domain (let's assume the path is "your-domain.com/tel").
  2. On this page, insert only the following script:
    <script>
    function getQueryParam(param) {
    let urlParams = new URLSearchParams(window.location.search);
    return urlParams.get(param);
    }

let phoneNumber = getQueryParam('phone');

if (phoneNumber) {
    window.location.href = `tel:${phoneNumber}`;
    }
    </script>
    This script takes the value of the phone parameter and redirects the page to tel:+phone.
  3. Publish the page.

Now you just need to insert the link in this way on a button in Manychat so that anyone who clicks it will be redirected to the phone dialer app with your number already filled in: http://your-domain.com/tel/?phone=+12819374192

Hope it helps!

Thank you so much, this was incredibly helpful.