Skip to main content
Solved

Issues with capturing responses in Custom Fields

• 30 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi!!,

I am experiencing issues when trying to capture and store response data in Custom Fields within an automated flow. Below, I provide detailed context to help you better understand the situation:

Context

1. Webhook Integration:

• I have configured an external request (Webhook) that makes a POST call to a custom URL. This URL returns a JSON with an array of available time slots (franjas libres in Spanish) for scheduling appointments.
  2. Response JSON:

• The structure of the response I receive from the Webhook is as follows:

{

"franjas_libres":
    "Viernes 30 de Agosto de 2024, 01:00 PM",
    "Viernes 30 de Agosto de 2024, 01:30 PM",
    "Viernes 30 de Agosto de 2024, 03:00 PM",
    "Viernes 30 de Agosto de 2024, 03:30 PM",
    "Viernes 30 de Agosto de 2024, 04:00 PM",
    "Viernes 30 de Agosto de 2024, 04:30 PM",
    "Viernes 30 de Agosto de 2024, 05:00 PM",
    "Sabado 31 de Agosto de 2024, 12:00 PM",
    "Lunes 02 de Septiembre de 2024, 08:00 AM",
    "Lunes 02 de Septiembre de 2024, 08:30 AM"
  ]
}
(The time slots listed above are in Spanish and are correct)

Response mapping configuration in ManyChat:

• I have configured the "Response Mapping" tab in ManyChat to capture each of these time slots into individual Custom Fields.
  • The JSONPath I’m using for each field is as follows:
    • response.franjas_libres>0] for "Franja 1"
    • response.franjas_libres>1] for "Franja 2"
    • And so on up to response.franjas_libres>9] for "Franja 10".
  • All Custom Fields are set up as Text type fields.

Issue:

• Even though the POST request seems to be working correctly, and I see the expected JSON response in tools like Postman, in ManyChat the Custom Fields are not capturing or storing the time slots.
  • I have reviewed the JSONPath format multiple times, but I cannot identify why the values are not being stored in the Custom Fields.
  • I have also tested using the "Test Request" option in the external request configuration, but I do not see any specific errors that could indicate where the problem lies.

Request for Assistance

I would like to know if there are any known issues with how array-type responses are handled in ManyChat or if there is a step I might be missing. Additionally, if you could review my configuration or provide any specific recommendations to ensure that the array values are correctly stored in the Custom Fields, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Juan Fernando Gaitán

Hi, @Juanfer,

It's a little detail... just set the JSON Path this way: $.franjas_libresr0]

😉

Thanks!!!!!!!