Skip to main content
Question

Link a keyword automation back to a bubble in my primary automation

• 28 August 2024
  • 7 replies

So it’s been made clear to me that in order to allow people to type certain words to get certain results (e.g. contact, help) that I have to setup an entirely new automation, fine.

So my primary automation has the contact ...bubbles? Cards? Whatever. So how to I link my second automation (Keyword, Contact) to the specific bubble/card in the first automation?

This is still a very important and non-resolved issue.

If you have Conversation Starter (Settings/Instagram) set, just click on the chat bubble symbol and select your automation to that keyword:

PS: don't forget to enable and publish in this case

If you have a "Master automation” with all the options as Quick Replies, use the Start Automation node for each option:

Fabio, thank you for taking the time to respond! I…

1. Created a “contact” Conversation Starter and then linked it directly to my primary automation’s first contact bubble.
  2. Enabled it.
  3. Published it.
  4. Tested it by typing “contact” and I just get the primary automation.

To clarify I deleted the “contact” keyword. Obviously the whole point is to avoid recreating many chat bubbles for each individual key word. So what am I missing?

By the way I am doing this for Facebook Messenger though it appears all of the steps you’ve mentioned are the same.

Edit: Manychat added it as a trigger inside of my primary automation. Okay...but it does not have a then connector to the Contact chat bubble...which makes no sense! 🙄

Edit 2: Please remember: when the user types “contact” or “human” I want it to go directly to my initial contact bubble in my primary automation. I’m not sure if I clarified that enough already.

Edit 3: The absolute closest I can get is this but it still requires me to have the user click a button! I want it to be if they type contact to go directly to the specific contact card on the automation. It does that with the button but I want it if they’ve typed it.

That's it.

After you bind your “Conversation Starter” with an Automation like this:

It will create a trigger in the binded automation:

Then it's possible to do whatever you want (if Manychat allows it 😂) as next flow steps.

EDIT:
For your “Get back to the start” scenario…

Set “contact” and “human” as keywords in your Initial automation. Every time someone sends it, he will start the automation again from the beginning.

Fabio, I appreciate your help though I want to make it absolutely as simple as possible.

At any point where the person types “contact” or “human” I want it to go directly to that chat bubble in my primary automation. I absolutely do not want them to have to click an extra button! That is why in the picture I posted I crossed that out.

The problem with the “contact" trigger is there is no GUI (graphic user interface) to add multiple triggers in any one automation! So I can’t “then” the “contact” trigger to the Contact bubble. Again, I want them to be able to type “contact” or “human” completely independently of whatever step of whatever automation they’re interacting with without having to have them click any extra buttons spammed all over the place.

Does that make sense?

I think I've understood the whole picture now…

First… you could get rid of this automation and set the trigger "User sends a message = contact” directly in your "JAB Creations Chat Automation”.

It is totally redundant.

BUT… If you want to get “fancy”, you could set something like this up:

Let's break it down:

1. The CONVERSATION STARTER

The good thing for this is when someone opens Messenger to chat with your page, the options you set will appear to the user. However, if this isn't interesting for your case, ignore it and go to the next topic (Main Automation).

• You can set up to 4 items as conversation starters. For this example, I only defined one called “Help”.
  • This one is connectet with my “MAIN AUTOMATION” wich has more options to choose.

1. The MAIN AUTOMATION

This has the job to list all main topics to help your clients/users.

• In addition to the “Conversation Starter (1)” Trigger, you can set up an “User sends message (2)” Trigger with the keyword “Help”. 
    • In case any user sends "Help” during a conversation, it goes back to this topic selector.
  • For each topic (Quick Reply in the message node/bubble) ou create a corresponding automation and bind it with the “Start Automation” node:

1. The OPTIONS AUTOMATIONS

This will be the automations with information/ instructions for each topic.

• In addition to the "Another Flow (1)” Trigger, you will ad a "User sends message (2)” Trigger with the keyword of this option (wich is "contact” in the example).
    • This makes the flow continue this way when the user selects the option in the main automation or if he sends the keyword "contact” anytime during the chat.

Just create a separate automation for each topic you want to address, set a "User sends message” Trigger with the desired keyword/s and bind it to its corresponding topic at the main automation.

Fabio, again I appreciate you for taking the time to try to help me.

So I think you’re stuck in a loop. I don’t want to create “quick reply" buttons and spam them all over the place. I simply want someone to be able to type “contact” and have it go directly to the Contact bubble/card on my primary automation - no clicking buttons to do this. Maybe it is me not interpreting what you’re posting? I’m not sure, it’s the end of my day. I’ll read it over again tomorrow.

...or perhaps I could do the reverse. Can I have a button link to a different automation and just move the contact bubbles/cards there instead?