Skip to main content

I'm integrating manychat with gpt and it sometimes gives me long replies and ends up cutting off the message when it arrives in Instagram's DM. This can be resolved. The cut message is meaningless and I didn't want to give short answers.

There are limitations on each channel, on the length of messages you can send.

I don’t remember exactly, but 2000 characters come to mind. You’d have to check each channel to make sure what’s the max.

So you either ask GPT to give you short answers, or you need to split up the text.

And you’ll need an external service to do this.

Basically this app would receive the long text response from ChatGPT, split it up into 1-2-3-n messages, and give those to you as the reply on the JSON body.

You most likely can do this through Make (and maybe even Zapier). Or you have to do your own code.

What I’ve been doing for quick and dirty apps like these, is to use ChatGPT to write me a PHP script that does what I need it to do, and then I add that to my Wordpress server. So I can create my own ‘text_splitter’ application server, that runs on my server and fits my purpose.

This is a quick & dirty solution, I know. But it serves the purpose, it’s easy enough to do, and I can have it all on my Wordpress hosting that I’m already paying for (you’ll need FTP or SSH access to your server to do this).

Hope this helps!

you can increase character  in the advance settings

you can increase character  in the advance settings

Onde? Não acho