Skip to main content

Just started using Manychat and launched my first ad campaign yesterday. Have a little over 40 Messenger conversations, with most making it to the end of the flow with no issues. But 10% of them have stopped at random places in the flow (not the same spot each time), which leaves the respondent with questions but without a coupon, which is what they clicked the ad for in the first place.

Is there a way for me to force the next step for a specific conversation or something? I’d prefer to keep them in the flow instead of me sending the offer manually, as then I won’t have their email & SMS opt ins.

are you using buttons? try ‘quick replies’ istead.. there, you can set something is people ‘don’t answer’.

Yeah, I’m using buttons. But  I’m not having an issue with people not responding, I’m having an issue with ManyChat occasionally not responding to people when they click the buttons, respond with an email address, etc

same problem here...

You can use tags to mark “checkpoints” in order to continue. If you use “quick reply” instead of buttons you have the option “if not responded” 

let me know if you want to connect and I can show you both 

I figured out the issue this morning! I’m using the text with buttons because I needed a distinct opt-in to get Twilio to approve my opt-in process. The times the Manychat bot isn’t moving forward is when it prompts for the user to click the Accept button before entering their email in order to opt-in. My wording is apparently a little confusing, because people are typing in their email or phone number instead of clicking the button then entering it. I messaged them and told them to click the button first and it fired right up in the right spot in the flow and continued on.

Now I’m heading back into my flow to clarify my wording, lol

You can use tags to mark “checkpoints” in order to continue. If you use “quick reply” instead of buttons you have the option “if not responded” 

let me know if you want to connect and I can show you both 

I’ll have to look into quick replies soon, and see if I can use them while still fitting into the SMS opt-in box 👍