Skip to main content

Hello Community,

I'm experiencing an issue where ManyChat suddenly stopped updating user fields from responses to external HTTP requests. Here are the details:

• Issue: ManyChat is not saving the response value in the user field.
  • Setup:
    • Trigger: Keyword "tester"
    • HTTP Request: Sends to a PHP script and receives a JSON response
    • JSON Response Example: {"responseMessage": "Hello Juan, I'm here to help. Could you please provide more details about your query?"}
    • JSONPath: $.responseMessage
    • User Field: Chatgpt output

Despite this setup working previously, it now returns an error: Response is null.

Steps I've taken:

1. Verified the server and response format.
  2. Tested with simplified static responses.
  3. Confirmed correct JSONPath usage.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thank you!

It’s possible that it’s timing out…

Is the External Request taking more than 10 seconds to reply?

Check Settings > Logs to see if it’s timing out.

I was running into the same issue when trying to map a value to “assistant response”. Putting a condition block that loops back around if “assistant response” doesn’t have a value seemed to work for me. It also seems like Manychat has a hard time mapping values to fields that already have a value so clearing a field’s value before trying to map to it seems to work better.

Hi  Juan,

I facing the exact same issue. Custom user field not updated  via External HTTP Requests. Error is same:Response is null. 

Can please help me how you resolve it

Hello Community,

I'm experiencing an issue where ManyChat suddenly stopped updating user fields from responses to external HTTP requests. Here are the details:

• Issue: ManyChat is not saving the response value in the user field.
  • Setup:
    • Trigger: Keyword "tester"
    • HTTP Request: Sends to a PHP script and receives a JSON response
    • JSON Response Example: {"responseMessage": "Hello Juan, I'm here to help. Could you please provide more details about your query?"}
    • JSONPath: $.responseMessage
    • User Field: Chatgpt output

Despite this setup working previously, it now returns an error: Response is null.

Steps I've taken:

1. Verified the server and response format.
  2. Tested with simplified static responses.
  3. Confirmed correct JSONPath usage.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thank you!