Skip to main content

Hello! 

I’ve been struggling with my automations. They just stopped working and I don’t know why. 

I refreshed my permissions as suggested and still they are not working.

Could anyone help me with this issue? 

Thank you.

@inpolishpls The first thing I try in these cases is to try with the most basic flow, see if that works.

This usually is a single message saying ‘Hello’, triggered by a brand new keyword that I never used on that bot before.

If this doesn’t work, I refresh permissions first, try again, and if it still fails, then I contact support.

If this test works, then I know that the connection is working and I need debug elsewhere.

I start by adding more components, and testing other triggers, until I find the issue.

Always, from simplest to most complex - you want to rule out the basics first before going to more complex automations. It’s a process of elimination.

Usually by doing this I’m able to find what’s wrong quite quickly…

Hope this helps!

That’s a great way to find out issues but when you’ve put a ton of work into many many automations, they’ve all worked fine for weeks/months and then they all stop, I can’t imagine that this method would be the correct way to go. With this being said, nothing having changed in Facebook etc..

Hi @JulieMunsch my goal when these things happen is to try to get it back up running as quickly as possible.

If I can pinpoint the problem quickly (which I usually can with the process I mentioned), then I can go to support and say exactly ‘here’s the very specific problem I have, and here’s the very simple example proving that this is indeed failing’.

With this information, support can work much faster and with more precision, instead of sending me vague answers like ‘is your computer plugged in’ (joking) because I just told them that ‘nothing works’ and they have to start from the top with the troubleshooting. So by being specific I can usually get it sorted with the first reply from support, instead of having to go back and forth for 1, 2 weeks without a solution.

99% of the time, solving this very specific dumb problem that I pinpointed to support will solve all other issues, especially if the issue is an account-level thing that needs some magic from support to get back online.

This goes for any software or service you’re using, the more specific you’re when requesting support, the faster the solution is going to be.

Anyways, there are probably other ways to go about it, but this is what has worked for me consistently with Manychat and many other tools that I work with. 🤷‍♂️

Hello, My automation is not working, I have tried the troubleshooting. My instagram handle is @attractsuccessqueen please can you help me resolve this

Hi @Attract Success Queen I’m not a Manychat employee, so there’s no way for me to access your account to help you.

You can contact Customer Support on their portal support.manychat.com or by email support@manychat.com

If you’d like more personalized help, I also offer paid consulting calls.