Skip to main content
Question

My instagram wont connect even after following troubleshooting steps

• 20 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I’ve seen loads of documents going through all the troubleshooting for this.

My instagram is a creator account under 500k, so it is eligible.

As for FB, I have my main personal profile and an added profile from my main which is the profile I will sync posting with for my insta. Manychat seemed to want a business page rather than a profile so I created one under my personal FB profile (wouldn’t let me on the other one) and have now linked my insta to that business page but I’d really rather somehow link it to the business profile rather than a page as I don’t want my personal fb friends being able to find and follow my business account as I like to keep the 2 worlds separate and I know fb pushes things out far too wide for my liking.

But even with this fb page linked it still won’t come up as an option for instagram. 

I considered just creating another fb to log into Manychat with but every time I try to log in with FB it only lets me log in with the one I logged in with before or it goes back to main options of apple google fb if I click no. Genuinely don’t know what else I can do except give up at this point haha, I would really appreciate a step by step guide I can follow to make this work as Instagram is why I downloaded this app I have no care for FB!

Your instagram must be connected to a facebook page.. not profiles.. 

here’s a video that might help.. or, let me know if I can help you. I can jump into a video call

But would I still be able to then automatically post to that profile if it’s not connected? I have no interest in a business page on my personal fb page but it won’t let me create a page on my secondary account which is my ‘business’ account as it isn’t the main profile. I just don’t like the idea of people in my personal life being able to see my business posts, is there a way on fb to block friends from viewing your page but stay friends with them? God I hate fb haha why can’t we just connect an Instagram account without having to link a fb. Do you know any other apps similar to Manychat that don’t need fb in order to work?

I think I don’t quite understood you very well lol.. sorry..

but bottom line is.. you need a profile to create a page (or many pages), you connect your istagram to the page..

posts you do on your instagram will reflect on your page and not your profile.. 

if you want, we could connect and take a look all your settings

Which parts did you not understand and I’ll rephrase them.

I’d be happy for you to connect sure, as long as it works for Instagram I’m not so fussed about what goes on on Facebook :)

Yes. It’s possible to only setup for instagram. I will be available in two hours from This message (2pm São Paulo time) dm me and I’ll send you a link for a meet 

Sorry I don’t check this often! I’ll message you anyways and we can sort something out