Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some advice on a specific issue I'm facing with my Instagram account linked to ManyChat. I've set up ManyChat to send automated DMs with a link to my app whenever someone comments a certain word on my video. It works well, except for a problem I'm encountering with Android users.

When these users receive the DM and click on the link, Instagram asks them to click "Continue" to open the external browser. However, the external browser doesn't open as it should. The workaround seems to be that users need to go into their Instagram settings and manually allow external links to be opened from DMs, but realistically, no one is going to do that.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any tips on how I can fix this so that the link opens directly in an external browser on Android phones without requiring users to change their settings?

Appreciate any help or insights you can provide!

I have read somewhere that this is not something we can fix.. open links in the ‘original’ app must be set on the users phone.. but I’ll follow this post to see if there’s a solution now

I have an iPhone and my link is not working...its a landing page made with FloDesk