Skip to main content

I need DM automation help for Instagram.

The automation starts with a keyword trigger to a post/reel and a response that says "just confirming you want blah blah blah - with a button that confirms the trigger"

The person pushes the button which triggers them to say the button text. Which then triggers another message that says "okay just drop your best email below so I can send you the link"

The person responds with their email.

That's where I'm stuck. Once they respond back with their email, what is the automation step that recognizes they have responded with their email and then another IG message triggers with some text and a link to the thing you're wanting to send them for next steps.

Simplified:

Message: confirming you want blah blah blah with button text that says "yes" >> person pushes button which triggers a "yes" message from them in DMs >> auto message sends "okay just drop your best email...">> person provides their email in DMs >> ___________

I don't know how to automate from that point. Thanks!

This is an example of someone doing exactly what I’m trying to do. As soon as I entered my email in the DM, it triggered her final response.

The automation starts with a keyword trigger to a post/reel and a response that says "just confirming you want blah blah blah - with a button that confirms the trigger"

The person pushes the button which triggers them to say the button text. Which then triggers another message that says "okay just drop your best email below so I can send you the link"

That's where I'm stuck. Once they respond back with their email, what is the automation step that recognizes they have responded with their email and then another IG message triggers with some text and a link to the thing you're wanting to send them for next steps.

Simplified:

Message: confirming you want blah blah blah with button text that says "yes" >> person pushes button which triggers a "yes" message from them in DMs >> auto message sends "okay just drop your best email...">> person provides their email in DMs >> ___________

After they provide their email, you can set up a 'User Input' action in ManyChat to capture the email and then use a 'Condition' block that checks if the email format is correct. Once it’s verified, you can trigger the final message with the link you want to share.

Simplified:

After they provide their email, you can set up a 'User Input' action in ManyChat to capture the email and then use a 'Condition' block that checks if the email format is correct. Once it’s verified, you can trigger the final message with the link you want to share.

Thanks for your quick response!!

I tried following your steps and tested it - I entered my own email and then nothing happened. What did I setup wrong?