Skip to main content

Hello, I am new to Manychat and wanted to say hi and also let you know of some things I have been struggling with. 

When I watch some of the training videos you can see in the screen where the vido creator can create “New Flows” and I think even with a large template selection. I am not seein this anywhere in my MC. I have the trial that is about to convert to pro in 3 days but cannot seem to get past a few blocks. I noticed in flows in the training videos you can even organzie your flows into folders. 

This does look similart but not exactly like I see in automations and I do not know if they changed the name from flow to automation or I am missing some things. 

Either way I am struggling with some basic fundamental startups. 

unfortunatelly those videos are not updated yet.. maybe you could look for new videos on youtube made by other people.. or even consider the idea of asking for an expert from here to give you a private ‘tour’ on manychat

Thanks for the response. Yeah that is what I was hoping to get here is response from expert. Also, I am not seeing any way to use say YouTube or Video URL to another hosting platform inside the chat. 

Adding a button or a quick reply allows you to add links to websites 

Thanks that is good to know! But no playing video inside chat window?

Hey there,

On your dashboard, you can check the ‘All Templates’ option to have access to them.

And yeah, some naming has changed, but it should all be there.

Flows are now called Automations.

You can create folders on the Automation tab, by clicking on the ‘New Folder’ option.

Growth Tools are now called Triggers. And there isn’t a Growth Tools tab like before, but you have to access them through the Automations tab and filter them, or create them from inside an automation/flow...

Those are the ones I can think of right now. Hope this helps ;)

@Gustavo Boregio thanks for the responses. However, all I see is these 5 templates. Your area looks totally diffrent not sure the number but I am assuming you have quite a few templates. 

Also notice on your template screen you can even search by channel. Mine does not even give me that option. 

I believe it will only show templates for the channels you have connected. On the example I showed you, we have all channels connected, so a bunch of options!

My guess is that you only have Facebook connected, and that it’s showing you only FB templated. Try connecting other channels to see more options. IG is definitely the channel with most templates.

Thanks yes that is true I only have FB connted for this testing phase. I will give that a try.

However, couple of quick question is it possible to use say an IG template then export to be used in a FB template. I guess one of the things I am struggling with is does this mean that its not a true ominichanel platform as I would have to build same flows out for each channel. Because I am new I may not be looking at this corretly. 

What do most use case / clients want? Do they want all the channels? It sounds like your are saying IG is most popular. I am also not seeing a channel just for web for eCommerce. For eample, I have one use case I want to work on related to abandon carts. 

Manychat supports IG/Facebook/WhatsApp/Telegram, plus SMS and Email.

It does not have a Webchat option at the moment.

It’s an omnichannel plataform in the sense that a single contact (you) can connect with the business through all these channels at the same time, and you can create omnichannel automations (for example, IG + Email + SMS + WhatsApp).

Now, what do most people want’

The real question is where do businesses have traffic?

Nowadays, most businesses will be focusing on IG traffic.

Some niches prefer and love Messenger. Other leverage Telegram like crazy.

Latin America for example is mostly WhatsApp + IG.

It all depends on where the traffic will be coming from.

Thanks this is making more sense now. Althoguh I am shocked they don’t have a web chat this is a must in the eCommerce space. 

Where do you see in the USA most businesses using Chatbot senarios.Would it it still be IG. 

This has been a most useful conversation!

Please go ahead and upvote the request for the web chat:  

As for your question, if you have to pick one to go all in, it’s definitely IG right now ;)

Thanks yes I just voted it up. I see they called it website chat without FB dependecy. Does that mean there is a work around using messenger on a website until then? 

Yes, but it’s going to be deprecated by Facebook soon.

I don’t recommend using it.

Good to know. I just created a IG and thought it had conneced to MC as it seemed. Then I go back and check and it looks like it is not. Do you have to have a seperate MC account for IG or can they both run in same account. 

If the IG and FB account are on the same business account, you can use one Manychat account.

If they’re on different Meta Business Accounts, then you need another MC account.

So what about when if you have FB, IG and decide to add SMS, WhatsApp or Telegram 

In one account you can have all those channels 

I am not sure if I am following how to know If the IG and FB account are on the same business account. Also are we talkling at the primary account level or FB page to IG 

Here is a screenshot as I see them. The are two diffrent user IDs but under the accounts center so I am not sure 

WhatsApp has to be on the same business account. (Anything Meta has to be connected to the same business for you to be able to use a single Manychat account).

And these are not on the account center, these are the ones you manage from business.facebook.com

SMS and Telegram are separate, not related to Meta. And you can have one of each in a Manychat account.

So how do I do this for them to be on same business? 

My friend. Don’t take this personally but it seems you skipped all the basics and it will be hard to guide you step by step into each thing we mention here.

have you watched Manychat videos or tutorials? 

Would you care to watch a video I recorded that I believe it might help you? 

Perhaps, but let's recall the root of this conversation—it initiated due to incorrect and outdated training documentation.

I'm currently evaluating five bot platforms to determine which one suits my needs best. This is the only platform under consideration. I'm hesitant to endorse a platform to my clients, both existing and prospective, if it doesn't meet my standards.

While I've been able to effortlessly create bots and integrate them with channels on all other platforms, I've encountered some bugs, although I won't detail them here. It's worth noting that no platform, including this one, is flawless.This one due to some of the things I mentioned above in our conversations the basics as you put it was a huge miss due to docs not being correct. ManyChat has also been very poor in the support catagory. Tickets will go days not responded to and when they do respond they completely did not even take the time to read what I was having problems with. What I call tossing tickets over the fence. You are the only one that has actually helped me in two or three weeks I been playing with this platform. 

One significant drawback I've discovered is that Manychat lacks support for website or eCommerce use cases. In my opinion, this is a major oversight considering the prevalent nature of online business today. Regarding the strategy of placing the chatbot where the traffic is, if Manychat doesn't offer this functionality, it would force me to use two platforms, leading to the burden of maintaining both.

To be frank, I'm undecided about continuing with Manychat. While it boasts a beautiful interface, it also has several shortcomings that give me pause.