Skip to main content
Solved

Not showing full message

My Instagram DM messages are only showing the first two lines of the message as well as the button. It was working before but just stopped out of the blue. Anybody know how to fix this issue? 

I have the same issue. Any solutions?

Same here - only a a couple text lines and button links. Started a couple days ago for me. Looking on here for a solution but can’t find anything so far. 

Same here! I’ve submitted a ticket at this link: https://help.manychat.com/hc/en-us/requests

Same here!

@Hannah_DFF Hi there, how did you open the ticket? I have the same issue! Thank you!

Hey, I have the same issue. At this point, I believe there's something wrong with the app 

I’m having the same problem, and I’ve tried refresh permissions a bunch of times, does nothing.

Anyone get any updates yet I sent a ticket in but nothing yet.

I’m having the same problem, and I’ve tried refresh permissions a bunch of times, does nothing.

I FOUND A SOLUTION GUYS!

• make your trigger
  • then set up a comment reply and don’t include a button. Instead include a quick reply that leads them to the next step
  • then create another comment reply rone line only because thats all thats showing right now] with the buttons you need.

Heard back from Manychat after filing a ticket and they provided a solution that worked super well! Basically, you just add the URL to the message portion instead of creating a button. The result is a DM that includes the full message plus a thumbnail of the website you pasted in the message. 

Here’s Manychat’s full response for additional context: 

“Due to a Meta bug, some Instagram messages with buttons are displayed only partially to your contacts.
We have already reported this to Meta via Direct Support directly, and we expect it to be fixed as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

In the meantime, please add the URL (instead of a Button) to your message”

Thanks so much - that worked

@Hannah_DFF Thank you so much for your response. It was so helpfull!