Skip to main content

I want to avoid the scenario where a “omnichannel” widget is launched with referral links to external platforms like Messenger, WhatsApp, and Email. While such links may be beneficial in certain situations, they pose a risk of diverting users away from websites. The essence of chat widgets is to seamlessly complement the website experience. Just as we employ click-to-message ads to keep users within the same social environment, it's crucial for chat widgets to fulfill a similar role. Users visit websites with specific intentions, and our goal is to retain them. A native chat widget achieves this objective, whereas a widget with external ref links might lead users astray and will have an increased barrier to entry.

An omnichannel widget is very different from a native chat widget, having both options would be great so people can decide what works best for them. However, I hope a native chat widget is the priority. And I really hope the omnichannel widget is not regarded as a substitute for the native chat widget.

Agreed!

We need a native web chat option asap!

@Gustavo Boregio I believe some ManyChat educators already have access to the omni-channel widget, is it as I assume? .e.g. Ref link buttons

@Ryan yes, you’re right, I have access to it.

It’s a bubble on the bottom of the page with the possibility to add buttons to connect to FB, SMS, WhatsApp, and Email. All redirecting with a Ref link.

I can see it being useful for an agency or personal brand, where the person clicks and goes straight to the owner’s Whatsapp to continue the sales process.

But definitely not useful for businesses selling things on the website as you mention. It’s a distraction.

@Gustavo Boregio as I expected, plus it’s really easy to add ref links in a bubble/widget, banner or drop-down menu (we have them already). I really hope this basic feature isn’t regarded as a substitute for the native chat widget.